When I see the term ‘childhood books’ it makes me think of picture books, but I don’t remember too many of my favorites. I’ll share the ones I do remember, though, and then a few of my favorite middle grade books I have fond memories of.
- The Little House by Virginia Lee Burton (Thanks to this book I truly believe that houses have feelings and personalities.)
- The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats
- Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney
- We’re Going on a Bear Hunt by Michael Rosen
Middle Grade Books
- The Elsie Dinsmore series by Martha Finley
- The Mandie series by Lois Gladys Leppard
- The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner
- The Cricket in Times Square by George Selden (This one I read so many times my copy is falling apart and always while eating root beer candy.)
- The Cooper Kids Adventures by Frank Peretti
- The Elizabeth Gail series by Hilda Stahl
What were some of your favorite childhood books? Let me know in the comments!
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted each week by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl. Visit her blog to find out what books she remembers reading as a child and find other’s lists as well!