Back in November, Lauren from Lala’s Book Reviews nominated me for the Blogger Recognition award! I’m incredibly honored that she thought to include me in this.
- Thank the blogger/s who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select up to 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment (or pingback) on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
In the beginning…
I’ve been a part of the book community on Twitter since 2014ish. I don’t entirely know how I started getting involved – but I did. That same year I also started bookstagramming. So many of the people I interacted with had blogs, but I had tried that a couple times already and it just wasn’t for me – so I stuck with Twitter and Instagram.
Fast forward to the end of February 2019 and something shifted – I suddenly felt this urgent need to start a blog. My husband immediately jumped on board in support and thanks to our tax return we instantly went to Best Buy and got me a super cheap Chromebook. And now, almost a year later, here we are!
If you’re new to blogging…
- BE YOURSELF! One of my favorite things about blogging is how it gives everybody a space to let their voice be heard – and everybody’s voice is different. Don’t try to copy the people you think are most popular, we want to hear what you have to say!
- POST WHENEVER YOU WANT! Don’t feel like there’s a requirement to post a certain amount of times per week/month/year. Post however much you want – it doesn’t matter if that’s every day, every other day, twice a week, or once a month.
I’m not tagging anybody in this one but I do want to know – what one piece of advice would you give somebody that is new to blogging? Let me know in the comments!